Belzona 5871 is a two-component, polymeric, solvent free system providing a thermal insulation barrier with corrosion protection and thermal and sub- zero “cool-to-touch” properties.
This material is designed to be applied to metal pipework, ducting and other industrial equipment. Belzona 5871 is thermally insulating, providing protection against contact-burn injuries, eliminates corrosion/CUI, condensation and anti-icing, improving safety and durability.
Belzona 5871 can be applied by brush, cartridge or plural spray, expanding upon application to produce a lightweight, closed-cell foam. This reduces the surface temperature of metallic substrates to below 60°C (140°F) whilst providing corrosion protection.
- Excellent corrosion resistance prevents corrosion and eliminates corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Belzona 5871 can be brush or spray-applied, for both small, complex geometries or rapid application over a large area
- Thermal and sub-zero cool-to-touch properties provide worksite personal protection and safety against contact-burn injuries
- Expands up to three times the thickness it was originally applied, reducing the numbers of layers needed compared to conventional coating systems
- Thermal insulation reduces the amount of heat transfer through a surface, increasing the efficiency of equipment
- Solvent-free system
Applications for Belzona 5871
- Tank/Vessel Externals
- Industrial machinery and equipment
|Key technical data:
|Mixing ratio (Base : Solidifier)
||2 : 1 by volume
2.3 : 1 by weight
||20 minutes at 20°C (68°F)
|Cool-To-Touch Surface (ASTM C1055)
||Belzona 5871 can be used to prevent contact-burn injuries by reducing the surface temperature of metallic substrates to below 60°C (140°F)
|Thermal Conductivity (Lee’s Disc)
|Salt spray resistance (ASTM B117)
||Belzona 5871 tested as one-coat system (at 3mm cured thickness), cured at 20°C/68°F and post cured at 120°C/248°F respectively, will show no signs of failure after 3000 hours continuous exposure
|Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
||Belzona 5871 will show no signs of failure after 1000 hours simulated CUI, cycled between 60°C (140°F) and 120°C (248°F), with alternating, hourly dry and wet periods
||8 x 0.6 L or 2 x 7.5 L. Pack sizes may vary locally
You are currently viewing documents in
For More Information regarding Belzona Products,
please login by clicking here.